Eyelids are canvases that are ready to be painted with wild colors and crazy combinations!
Have you ever thought of trying a funky new eye makeup look but did not know where to start?
If the answer is yes, then all you have to do is keep reading and check out these unique funky eye makeup looks that can work for many various occasions!
This bright yellow and orange look is perfect for those warm summer days.
- Start off by priming your eyelids, to ensure the better adherence and longevity of the eye shadow.
- Take your eye shadow palette and pick up the boldest orange shade. With a brush, apply it in the crease of your eyelid, to create depth. Apply it all the way from the base of your nose until the end of the eye and a bit beyond.
- Next, take your brightest yellow and apply it all over the eyelid, up until the crease of the lid. Make sure to blend the yellow & the orange gently so they fade one into each other.
- Apply the yellow eye shadow also around your inner tear duct.
- Finish the look with a jet-black bold stroke, similar to a classic cat eye look.
This funky makeup look is not necessarily work-appropriate. But you can definitely wear if going out to a rave or a summer party! This color explosion on your eyes will make them the highlights of your entire look!
- After priming the area, apply a dark read in your crease.
- Cover the eyelid with lime green and blend it when it meets the dark red.
- Above the dark red, apply a bright fuchsia, from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply your brightest purple, in the middle of your under eye area.
- Apply white eyes are in the inner corner of the eye and blend it with the eyeshadow on the eyelid and under the eye.
- Apply it also in the under eye area towards the exterior, in the shape of a short stroke.
- The final place to apply it is also between the fuchsia eyeshadow and your eyebrows.
- Make sure to always blend the colors for a smooth transition.
- Finish the look with a thick and bold cat-eye stroke for extra glam!
This look is overall soft but with a pop of color. It’s perfect for a formal event where you want to still have an elegant eye makeup, but with a touch of uniqueness.
For the eyelid, you would need to start with a dark brown in the crease area, all the way towards the outer corner of the eye. Fill in the rest of the eyelid with a light beige and blend it with the dark brown. In the middle of the eyelid, add some light ochre and blend well.
For the bolder part of the look, you will want to get some teal eyeshadow. Apply it in a thick stroke all the way along the eye, in the under eye area. Make sure it meets the dark brown eyeshadow in the outer corner of the eye, and blend well.
To complete the look, draw a fine stroke with the eyeliner, along the base of your lashes.
Pop of Yellow
Are you a fan of yellow but you don’t want to apply it all over your eyes? Then a yellow eyeliner look is for you!
Apply all over your eyelids a soft beige, and go up until the eyebrows. On the outer side of your eyelid, apply golden eye shadow up until the eyebrows.
Finish the look with a thick yellow cat-eye stroke, and you are ready to party!
This look is rather soft and if you tone it down, you can even wear it at work!
- After priming your eyelids, apply light brown eye shadow in the crease to create depth.
- Follow with a light beige all over your eyelid and blend it with the light brown.
- For the pop of color, you need a deep purple eyeliner and a black eyeliner.
- Apply the purple eyeliner in a thick stroke, followed by a thinner black stroke at the base of your lashes.
If you want to be bolder and funkier, you can recreate the full look by filling the eyebrows with eyeshadow.
For this, you will need bright red and bright purple eyeshadow. With a brush, start with the red eye shadow on the inner side, then continue with the purple eyeshadow. Make sure to blend the two colors thoroughly.
This look would be perfect for a winter event. The soft pink and the light blue are perfect for a winter wonderland vibe! After priming your eyelid and the entire area around the eye, here’s what you should do:
- Start with a soft yet bright pink all over the eyelid. Go beyond the outer corner of the eye.
- Take purple eyeshadow and blend it with the pink in the outer area of the eye.
- Take blue eye shadow and apply it all the way in the under eye area.
- Towards the outer corner of the eye, make sure to blend it with the purple.
- Finish the look with white eyeshadow. You will want to apply it towards the inner area of the eye, on the lid up until the eyebrow; apply it also under the eye, and blend it with the blue.
- Fill in the space up until the eyebrow with white eyeshadow all over, and make sure to blend it with the pink and the purple.
- Finish the look with your favorite mascara and you are done!
How can you not love this mysterious look? The midnight blue and purple combination, together with a touch of sparkle, make this look perfect for a night out.
- Start with a midnight blue shade all over your eyelid, in the inner corner of the eye, on your waterline and the outer corner of the eye.
- Take a purple eyeshadow and blend it with the blue in the crease to create depth.
- Apply a light teal color above the purple, making sure to blend.
- For the starry night effect, get some loose glitter on your brush and gently tap it on your eyelid.
This metallic red and purple combination is excellent for a bold outfit on a night out partying.
- Start with a bright red in your inner corner of the eyelid and in the crease.
- Go up until the eyebrow and then go towards the outer corner of your eye in a cat-eye shape.
- In the middle of the lid, add metallic pink, making sure to blend it with the red.
- With some metallic purple, finish the rest of your eyelid.
- Blend it with the pink, then go towards the outer corner of the eye, similar to the red.
Finish the look with a silver or white eyeliner. Instead of your classic cat eye, you would want to accentuate the crease of the lid.
Start from the inner corner of your eye, along your crease, and go all the way, until the end of the eyeliner stroke.
From there, come back towards the eye, creating an arrow-like shape, and stop at the base of the lashes.
Who wouldn’t want the perfect eye makeup for the New Year’s Eve party? Because this explosion of silver and glitter is just perfect to welcome the New Year.
- After priming the entire area on your eyelid and around, apply light grey eye shadow all over; from the inner corner of the eye, up until the eyebrows and beyond the outer corner of the eye, in a cat-eye shape.
- With a darker grey, accentuate the crease and prolong the stroke towards the outer corner, following the shape created by the light grey.
- Add the dark grey also in the under eye area, for a sophisticated touch.
- On the eyelid, use a metallic dark green. Make sure to blend it well with the grey. Add a touch of light teal in the inner corner of the eyes, for brightness.
For that extra sparkle perfect for a celebration, add some loose gold glitter all over your eyelid.
If you are a BIG of both fan of yellow and eyeliner, this look is for you! It’s perfect for an 80s themed party.
- After priming your eyelid and around, start with darker yellow in your crease.
- Take your brightest yellow and apply it all over your eyelid, inner corner of the eye and under eye area.
- Take some white eye shadow and fill in the space up until your eyebrows, gently blending it with the yellow.
- Add some white eye shadow under your eye, towards the outer corner.
Now, the star of the show is the thick bold black strokes. What you want to do is this:
- Start by creating your usual cat-eye look, but significantly thicker.
- Add another stroke that follows your crease. Start from the inner corner, go along the crease, and then meet the first stroke you made.
While this look is easy to create and requires minimal blending and amount of colors, it does have a striking effect!
5 Tips for Better Makeup
Makeup looks definitely fun and there are limitless ways that you can play with it. But we also have to keep it clean and professional for a hassle-free process. Check out these tips that will make makeup application easy!
- Make sure your eyes are clean from any previous makeup. You can use an eye makeup remover or micellar water on a cotton pad.
- Use a good primer for the eyes. This will help the eye shadow adhere better, look brighter and last longer.
- For a brighter color, use wet brushes. Pass the clean brush gently under the water before picking the eyeshadow from the palette.
- By the way of brushes, make sure that you clean your brushes regularly to avoid eye infections
- Use an eyelash curler to lift and curl your lashes before applying mascara.
Hope that you liked the 10 funky eye makeup looks brought together for you! These looks cover various day and night occasions, as well as seasonal festivities. Whether you are looking for an elegant makeup look for your work reception, a bold eyeliner look for your rave on the weekends, or for a glamorous New Year’s party – you are bound to find the perfect one for you. Whichever look you choose, you will always have a touch of glam and your make-up will definitely complement your outfit.
Don’t forget that there is no wrong way to do make-up, as long as you are having fun. As long as you are being creative with it and you are in love with the result, you are ready to go!